Curried Chicken Quinoa with Peas
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- About 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 15 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 12 oz. bag frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the oil, chicken pieces, chopped onion and garlic to a Dutch oven. Saute for about 10 minutes, or until chicken pieces are mostly cooked.
- Add the diced tomatoes, undrained, curry powder, chili powder and nutmeg. Stir until combined and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the water and bring to a bubble. Stir in the quinoa, bring to rolling boil and then reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook for 20 minutes. With about 5 minutes left to cook, stir in the frozen peas.
- Turn heat to low and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Makes 4 adult portions.