- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk (canned) + more for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- You may need some additional liquid, I used almond milk
Archive for the ‘Quinoa porridge’ category
Quinoa porridge for breakfast is one of the most delicious foods that you can imagine. It’s healthy, it’s filling and it give you an energy boost when you most need it – in the morning.
Amanda from Me vs. The Bulge blog came up with this great breakfast recipe:
Quinoa porridge with banana
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1/4 cup of rinsed quinoa
- 3/4 cup of almond milk (you can use any type of milk you prefer)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1 drop of vanilla extract
- Place your rinsed quinoa in a medium sized pot.
- Add the almond milk and water.
- Add a drop of vanilla extract.
- And a teaspoon of brown sugar.
- Bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover for 20 – 25 minutes or until it reaches a porridge consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir through half a chopped banana or use what ever fruit you like! Strawberries would be great too. You could even add some chopped nuts for crunch. It’s very yummy:)
Enjoy Quinoa Breakfast!
Here is another one with berries:
Photo by meganpru – Flickr