I really like quinoa cakes, they are easy to cook and they are pretty delicious too. I’ve found these great quinoa cakes recipe on the Grouprecipes.com site:
It’s called Smoke Salmon Quinoa Cakes.
1 cup quinoa—washed
1 cup minced onion + 1 Tbl garlic
1 Tbl olive oil
2 1/2 cups chicken stock or water
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 tsp salt + 1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup each: fine diced celery & carrot
cool and then add:
1 lb smoked salmon (small pieces)
1 Tbl fresh basil + zest from one lemon
1/4 cup chives + 2 Tbl parsley
2 Tbl tapioca in 1 cup water
olive oil and bread crumbs for pan searing
- Saute onions in olive oil—then add garlic.
- Add Quinoa, stock, wine, & salt & pepper.
- Cover &Cook Quinoa over low heat until tender. Add carrots &celery—cook briefly until tender.
- Dissolve tapioca in water over low heat until thickened.Combine with cooked quinoa in large bowl.
- Fold in other ingredients and portion with 4 oz scoop and form thick patties (1″ – 1 1/2 ” thick by 2 ” across.)
- Dredge in bread or cracker crumbs and pan sear in olive oil